COVID-19 Testing (including same day PCR results)
CBD Doctors Melbourne offers COVID-19 testing for people travelling overseas.
If you are travelling to European countries, UK, Middle East, US, or Asia, you will need a COVID-19 PCR test. Even though different countries have different requirements the majority of airlines will require a negative PCR test before travelling. We continue to have direct communication with the different embassies to ensure the certificates provided meet their requirements.
The epidemiological situation changes rapidly, and flights are delayed, rescheduled and sometimes cancelled. Timing of the test of 72 h before travel may be too long in these circumstances. At CBD Doctors Melbourne we suggest that the Covid-19 PCR test is done as close to the flight as possible. Our policies allow re-scheduling if you need it.
However we do provide results within in 2-3 hours.
Tests are conducted daily at 10am and 3pm during the week, and at 10am on weekends.
Interstate travellers from Sydney, Perth, Darwin and Brisbane, can have the same test for emergencies, otherwise, their swabs are sent to the laboratory.
We are able to provide tests for businesses, contractors and travellers to the snow.
If you age 100 % sure when you are going to have the COVID-19 PCR test, there is an option to book directly via Hotdoc under “COVID-19 PCR for International Travellers”. This booking is usually available for 10 am. One of our doctors will call you either a few days prior or on the day of the test.
- Register as a patient at CBD Doctors Melbourne via Hotdoc online.
- Book an appointment with a doctor via our website and Hotdoc –
- Option 1 – consultation over the phone (Telehealth) few days prior to traveling
- Option 2 – if you are absolutely certain, book the test “COVID-19 test for international travellers”
- If you chose option 1 your doctor will call you and book your test.
- Your results and your doctor’s certificate will be e-mailed to you by 2pm on the same day. Please check your junk inbox folder.
- The test is conducted everyday even on weekends.
Cost: $300 ($350 on weekends and public holidays). Please note if you cancel your test after your doctor consultation you will be charged $100.
- Please follow the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria zoning recommendations (green, orange and red).
- Same day test results may be a preliminary test for interstate travellers.
- Whilst we provide provide COVID-19 tests without queue’s laboratory results may take around 24 hours.
- Please isolate until your result is available.
- Cost: $200 ($250 on weekends and public holidays). Please note if you cancel your test after your doctor consultation you will be charged $100.
We would expect payment at least 2 days prior the test:
- Tyro e-commerce invoice if that is your preference (3.5% fees). Invoices sent via emails (you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check your junk mail.
- Over the phone using your visa card (2.5-3 % fees).
- Or mobile banking with Australian bank account (via app) – with no fees (using our ABN number 29239965463. Instructions will be sent to you after you make your booking.
Tests are conducted by doctors who have years of experience in taking nasopharyngeal swabs (they can be unpleasant). The method used is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Our reception cannot book your COVID-19 test for you.
- You are expected to pay on the day of your phone consultation or at least two days prior to the test.
Arrival for your test:
- Please arrive at 53 Queen Street, Melbourne. At the time of your appointment please remain downstairs near the bus stop, our doctors will come downstairs to test you.
- You will be tested while downstairs near the bus stop. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
- There is paid parking out the front.