EXPERT OPINION MATTERS! GET YOUR HEALTH CHECKED!
Victorians, we have done well! Our efforts to stay distant, safe and to work from home, with emerging ways of communication, entertainment and engagement are finally showing results.
We can visit our family and friends; we can stay outdoors with up to 10 people.
There is a plan to go back to school, we may go back to work. Slowly!
This is just a reminder that Covid-19 is still lingering around Melbourne.
There has been a massive action with the Department of Health in testing people in shopping centres, car parks, Covid-19 respiratory clinics, hospitals and dedicated laboratory sites. 80 new cases have been reported out of 140,000 tests.
If you are asking whether you need to be tested, here are some guidelines:
- If you experience cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose;
- Fever OR chills;
- If you were in close contacts of a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- Or with a person who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days; or
- if you are healthcare or aged care worker and have other symptoms (headache, myalgia, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea)
We have been asked few times to do a the blood test that determines if you had Covid-19. Unfortunately, to date there is no reliable test that would answer that question as current tests can not predict further development of another Covid-19 infection (as a result the test has uncertain significance in the determining a prognosis).
We have been asked to undertake a swab on people needing to go back to work for a certificate of clearance. We can provide this test on one or more individuals and organisations. This is done with a full explanation that the test result takes up to 5-7 days to be available. The result only determines that at the time of testing tested person either had Covid-19 infection or not. It does not predict if the infection is going to happen in future. That means that each individual may need to be tested multiple times.
We are trying to avoid public places, groups of people, shopping malls, gathering. Lots of our patients avoid coming to see their doctors for other non-urgent reasons.
As we provide safe practice under infection control guidelines, there is no concern of infection being acquired in general practices.
Don’t forget your regular needs and follow ups of diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis, screening for cancer- mammogram, stool test for bowel cancer, skin check…
There are indications that majority of health needs unrelated to the pandemic are not met. Number of cancer diagnoses has dropped by 30 %!
Please do not ignore your general health, make an appointment to discuss.
EXPERT OPINION DOES MATTER!
- Health Advice2021.03.09COVID-19 Vaccine at CBD Doctors Melbourne
- Health Advice2021.02.25COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance Oxford-AstraZenca
- Health Advice2021.02.03Australians Are Preparing For The COVID-19 Vaccine
- Health Advice2020.04.28The 2021 Influenza (Flu) Season Vaccine is available at CBD Doctors Melbourne soon