What’s new about COVID-19 in Melbourne
We are doing it tough! And we are not there yet!
After 2 weeks of level 3 quarantine our numbers are STILL HIGH (more than 400 new cases a day). The number of deaths is increasing, but the age of deceased people is reducing. There is a 9 years old child in the hospital. A person in their 50’s died yesterday. We are seeing more and more younger people with COVID-19.
School, nursing homes, organisations and families have been affected.
We are not taking this virus seriously!
For those that come to the CBD Doctors Melbourne, we provide instructions on quarantine that comply with the Department of Health Guidelines.
Every person that makes an enquiry on testing has been given an individual direction on the need to quarantine.
If you have not been to the CBD Doctors Melbourne yet, our recommendations are:
- Please make sure that you don’t come to our clinic if you have a sore throat, fever, runny nose or cough. Call the clinic first. We don’t deny appointments to anyone, we just make to ensure that all our patients, our staff and our doctors are all safe.
- If you have any of the above symptoms STAY AT HOME, don’t go to work.
- Get tested for COVID-19. At CBD Doctors Melbourne we will ALWAYS ask you WHY you want to be tested.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 because you had any symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, fever, cough or even headache, diarrhoea), and you can not recall being in contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 infection, YOU WILL NEED TO BE ISOLATED UNTIL YOUR TEST RESULTS COME BACK. That means go straight into isolation. No shopping, no walking, no going to a friends! No going into work.
- If you have had significant contact with someone in your work place, public place, supermarket, markets, anywhere GET TESTED. You will need to stay in isolation for 2 weeks! The virus may replicate in your body and may not show on the first test, therefore you stay at home! If you develop any symptoms call your doctor! You may need to be tested AGAIN.
- If you are working in child care, a hospital, aged care, a school, in corrections, are a police officer, in the defence force, or if your employer requests so … you will need to be tested at the end of your quarantine to make sure that you don’t have COVID-19 before you go back amongst others.
If you would like further information, please make an appointment with one of our doctors.
We are in this pandemic together!
How to wear a mask:
Look after your mental health:
Keep your distance: